It happened again. It got towards the end of the financial year and I had a large chunk of remaindered holiday to take. Last year I was in San Francisco but this year I just wanted to do nothing.
Literally nothing. I didn’t want to go away or plan any big tasks, I just wanted to take a week away. So here’s what I’ve actually managed to do:
- Demolished a conservatory
- Ran a 10K XC race
- Wrote 40K words
- Went to London to see a friend
- Saw some artwork in the Tate
- Wrote 3K words on my phone on the train home
- Got some subscribers on reddit
- Stayed with family and saw my sister and the dog
- Saw Batman v Superman, 2/10
- Saw High Rise. Fell asleep.
- Saw Zootopia, called it.
- Went for drinks on my birthday. Rained.
- Didn’t touch a single. line. of. code.
- Had a good break and did exactly what I wanted to.
I’m off to the pool now to do a few lengths and enjoy my last few hours before getting back to work to finish The Most Awesome Project Ever ™.