HL Twitter lets you display your tweets as a widget in your sidebar. But it also does a whole lot more. You can track multiple Twitter accounts and store all of the tweets on your blog indefinitely (currently Twitter only keep your 3,200 most recent tweets) as well as pulling in any tweets that you reply to for future reference. Update: HL Twitter now supports automatically tweeting when you publish a new post with a customisable message!
Download: WordPress plugin download page
- Upload the hl_twitter directory to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the HL Twitter plugin in the WordPress admin
- In the main menu, go to Twitter. You will be asked to link to your Twitter account.
- Add any users you wish to track. You can also pull in all of their recent tweets.
- Twitter OAuth API limit is currently set to 350. Tracking multiple users may cause you to reach this limit resulting in missing new tweets.